Richard's jaunt

Wednesday, October 20, 2004

San Diego

I'm living in a Pacific beach house facing on to rolling surf, sounds good but there is one small problem, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain...

So you say why not go surfing? It has not rained here for the last 182 days and the accumulated detritus is now poring into the sea, so I can look at the perfect waves , but unless i want a visit to ER I can only watch (in the rain). Even inside the rain comes to say hello via little springs through the wall, ceiling, floor, etc, which fuses the wiring just to make it more fun. All the internet terminals blew up.

Went to a unintentionally spooky fun fair, entirely devoid of people, lights on, no staff, no customers and was playing Gary Jules's "Mad World" across the fair.
My friend decided she wanted to go on the classic 1922 built wooden roller coaster, to my mind that is a long time ago. Thankfully the caretaker did not let us on as it had been raining, why that should shut a roller coaster I dont know, but I made a quick exit from the death trap and saved face in front of my friend who seemed totally unaware of its short comings.

I wrote this in the local library, from which I noted, I can hold the whole travel section under my right arm. Compare this with the 22 shelves on food (not including diets), does that say something?

PS dont get you hair cut within ten miles of a marine base. I guess it will grow out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home