Richard's jaunt

Tuesday, August 31, 2004

Vancouver island

The internet connections have been a bit hit and miss. I left Van for the sake of my sanity. Common sense says living life at 125% is going to catch you in the end. I must admit I feel embarrassed about the some of the things we got up to, but we got way with it.I still dont know how.

I hooked up with a lovely hippy chick and went to Vancouver island, where she ran off with a mandolin player, I split and went to Tofino, a remote village on the Pacific west coast.

I think West Cornwall or Scotland is similar but imho nicer, except for the rainforest. Took a little boat to an even more remote island and trekked through the jungle by myself. I walked via a barely perceivable trail, round a tree six meters wide, through bogs, under tree roots, over fallen trees that were the size of houses. I now understand what an impenetrable forest is. Moving a meter off line you'd come to a complete halt. Touch anything and cascades of water would come down.

Have almost given up on going further north independent travel looks too complicated and the weather is too unpredictable.

Thinking of going to the Canadian Rockies instead.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home